terça-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2014

fazer *algo*


«I’m realizing more and more that adopting really, really isn’t a replacement for doing things the normal way. It’s great, but it’s not a replacement. I feel intense joy about the family that we are going to have, but I still find myself mourning the losses of what we won’t have, too, that we won’t be, what I can’t do. I expect our child will feel the same. However joyful our lives are together, he should never have had to feel the loss of one set of parents before gaining a second. (…)
Also, I want to be doing something for this child, and I cannot. I think about people telling me that this wait is like a pregnancy wait and I know in every bone of my body that they are wrong. I know that being pregnant is difficult. But those difficulties are not these difficulties.»

p.49


Claudia Chapman in Hypothetical Future Baby - An Unsentimental Adoption Memoir


autora do blog my fascinating life

* * *

Periodicamente, tentaremos partilhar livros que vamos lendo. Começamos com esta semana de excertos diários do "nosso primeiro livro sobre adopção".

2ª-feira - A ideia de um filho

Cipreste

Sem comentários: